Recognize How Employees Can Steal from You
Your business offers a multitude of opportunities for employees to take advantage of you. And no matter how much you try to screen during the hiring process, there’s no way to guarantee that your next hire will be as honest as you hope. To minimize the risk of loss to theft, embezzlement, and other illicit activities, you first need to recognize your business’ vulnerabilities. They include:
- The Point of Sale. Whether you accept payments at a cash register or other means, there can always be potential for employee manipulation of the transaction process.
- Customer Data. Your customers trust you with personal and financial data. Without proper safeguards, dishonest employees can use that data for corrupt purposes.
- Time Clock Fraud. This common form of theft literally steals time and money from your business, as employees manipulate their time sheets or time cards to receive pay for time they haven’t worked.
- Theft of Merchandise or Business Supplies. Any item or supply removed from your business represents lost money and reduced profits.
Develop a Strategy to Detect Theft Risks Early
External locks and internal safes can protect your hard assets from all but the most committed criminals. However, they provide little protection against these internal threats. Moreover, you cannot be everywhere at once, so it’s basically impossible for you to observe every detail of your company’s internal operation. But that doesn’t mean that you can’t take steps to detect and prevent theft. An effective theft mitigation strategy can use high-tech cameras, data security tools, and other technologies to monitor employees and assets – detecting or preventing most theft.
Get the Right Kind of Help to Protect Your interests
Naturally, most business owners lack the time needed to address these concerns on their own. That’s why so many of them rely on experienced security experts to help them provide the protection their companies need. Competent, professional security service providers can offer a whole host of benefits that can help you minimize employee theft risks in your business:
- Comprehensive electronic security advice and assistance
- Data management strategies to safeguard customer information
- Effective investigative services that can detect theft and help you track down the offenders
- A thorough risk assessment to help you identify your company’s vulnerabilities
- Security guard and other services as needed
For New York business owners, the choice is clear. Instead of accepting employee theft as the cost of doing business, entrepreneurs can instead rely on a trusted security partner to help them effectively deal with the threat. And when it comes to security companies, you’ll find no better partner than International Security Services – New York City’s dedicated security experts.