New York Security Companies: Who Can You Trust?
The reality is that it’s hard to know who to trust these days. As a rule, most security company operators are fairly reliable and committed to providing top-notch protection for their clients. Most try to follow through on their promises. Still, it’s important to properly evaluate your security options to ensure that you hire a truly trustworthy firm. But what does trust look like in this instance?
3 Things to Avoid When You’re Choosing a Security Provider
First, let’s take a look at the three things you should avoid when you’re attempting to find a security firm for your protection needs. Any of these three common mistakes could leave you wishing you’d picked a different firm. Always avoid:
- Companies with Questionable Reputations. Obviously, you should never hire a company that has a bad track record and a lousy reputation. But in this case, there’s more to it than that. If you’re struggling to gather information about a security firm in New York, then you have a right to be skeptical. Generally, you should be able to find reviews for reputable firms, and they should be able to provide references. If that’s not the case, then you may want to keep looking.
- Any Firm that Provides Below-Market Bids. There’s nothing wrong with competitive project bids, but if the bid is too low then you should probably wonder why. It costs money to provide proper security, and anyone who says differently is lying. And the best security can cost even more. So, while you should try to find the most competitive price, don’t get excited about a bid that seems way too good to be true. Chances are that it is.
- An Agency that Doesn’t Prioritize Prevention. This one is a big one. Naturally, you want a company that knows how to react when incidents occur. But if that’s their priority, then it’s a good bet that they’re not focused on prevention. The best security companies prioritize incident prevention. They work to develop strategies that decrease risk and deter crime or other bad events. If the company you’re considering isn’t focused on preventing problems before they occur, that could be a problem once you hire them.
Truly great security firms will conduct a comprehensive analysis of your protection needs. That analysis will specifically look for ways to minimize risk and prevent incidents. They’ll also develop a thorough plan to meet those needs, complete with verifiable processes and reporting. In addition, they will select the right team of officers to provide security, properly train them for your project, and conduct ongoing monitoring. And above all else, their goal will be to provide true security focused on prevention.
3 Vital Characteristics You Need to Look For
With those three potential problems in mind, let’s examine the three things you should be looking for in a good security company. Each of these three characteristics is shared by all the top New York security companies. As a result, they should be key considerations during your security firm selection process:
- A Commitment to Accountability. Accountability is a core component of any trusting relationship. Before you hire any security firm, be certain that their personnel, strategies, and systems are designed for maximum accountability. The best NYC security firms use state-of-the-art technology to provide rapid reporting, real-time monitoring, and effective communication for their clients. If you’re considering a company that doesn’t offer that commitment to accountability, look elsewhere.
- Total Transparency. It’s always difficult to trust what you don’t fully understand. Today’s security industry offers more opportunities for full transparency than ever before. Thanks to technological innovation, guard activities are more easily verified. Reports can be delivered in real-time. Cameras and other devices can ensure that procedures are properly followed rather than ignored. This transparency helps to maximize accountability and build trust over time.
- Reliable, Well-Trained Personnel. Of course, when you hire a security company, you need to have confidence in its personnel. In most instances, that means trusting the company’s owners to hire qualified personnel. You have little choice but to trust that the firm’s leaders have hired competent managers, well-trained guards, and reliable support staff. Of course, there’s no way to really know how well that firm has vetted its employees – or is there?
You should always check to ensure that your security company has reliable systems in place to vet its employees’ qualifications. Your best option, of course, is to find a company that actually trains its own guards. Those companies always have the most consistent service, since each of their security officers has received the exact same training – often from the same instructors. That’s the ideal way to ensure consistent security that achieves your project goals. It’s also the easiest way for you to trust that your security company knows the people it’s sending to meet your security needs.
Locating the Right Security Firm in New York City
Whether you’re protecting your home, apartment building, business, or event, you need the right security partner. To find that partner, you should focus on locating a security company with a verifiable reputation, competitive rates, and a commitment to preventing and deterring crimes. Just as important, that company should be fully dedicated to being transparent, accountable, and reliable in every way. In New York City, only one security firm has demonstrated a relentless commitment to meeting those criteria and earning your trust: International Security Services, Inc. Give us a call today to learn more about how we can help you with your security needs.